[AusNOG] NBN 1Gb "fiber" services

Ben Thompson ben.thompson at 3play.com.au
Thu Feb 25 08:10:37 EST 2016

> fibRE while you're in Australia please
Thanks

> At this stage the fastest speed that an end user can have is 100Mb there
are plans in the future to allow speeds upto 1Gb but not in the foreseeable
future
1Gb is definitely listed there. What is the practical difference between
FTTN/FTTB and the mysterious "fiber". Perhaps this implies it's not
delivered on the standard NTDs we're so familiar with.

> skymesh offer 100/100 plans by selling the 250/100 plan and rate limiting
the download to 100.
Interesting! Is this off of a standard NTD? If so, why the differentiation
between FTTN/FTTB and "fiber"?

Thanks guys

Ben Thompson

*3**Play Networks*
*p:* 1300 301 946
<jarrod at 3playnetworks.com.au>

ben.thompson at 3play.com.au

for use by the Addressee only. The confidential nature of the information
contained in the email and/or file is not waived, lost or destroyed if it
is sent in error to other than the Addressee. Use or dissemination of the
information contained in the email and/or files by a recipient other than
the Addressee may cause commercial damage to both/either the Sender and/or
Addressee.If you are not the Addressee of this email/files please
immediately contact the Sender and delete this email/files.