[AusNOG] Synology bulk replace characters

Luke Thompson luke.thompson at inksystems.com.au
Wed Feb 24 15:43:58 EST 2016

Karl,

Hadn't considered making hard links to the files. Wildcards definitely a
valid point, however given we're talking thousands of files and folders,
only few with the BOM in the same position, we'd likely need to be more
specific (ie, characters that are not alphanumeric, exclude basics, etc).

Files are being located via SSH. System locates the files and fails to
rename as it cannot access the file due to the illegal characters.

Regards,

Luke Thompson
Systems Administrator

P: 1800 838 505