[AusNOG] Office Link Needed (Fibre or alike) Sydney

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:37:56 EST 2015

Understanding of the telco act has matured since the days when police intervened with angry farmers so that intercapital cable works could proceed.

Making DBYD enforceable is probably a major use of this part of the act, most outdoor copper cables were  installed before the current law came into existence.

The legal advice that you're likely to get is that even as a carrier there is not good recourse for having damage compensated if you don't have a contract of some kind to be there in the first place. Especially where there is an alternative available, like a commercial cross connect service, regulated duct access agreement, or a land access notice.

John