[AusNOG] Hands up who has AS112 Like reverse DNS infrastructure

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Mon Nov 23 13:18:06 EST 2015

Hi All,
  I was wondering what all your thoughts would be about AS112 Like
Black-hole reverse lookup infrastructure might be across the CSP space.
Seems that people do things as little as simply adding blackhole'd zones
for the RFC1918 ranges right up to dedicated infrastructure and even
their own instance  AS112.

I have been doing simple blackhole'ed zones on our main caching dns
infrastructure for now but I dont really have a good handle on how much
resources this is actually using. I know a fair few ISP's are sending
this through to the keeper. Which is not ideal if it goes away for any
reason.

Anybody care to share their insights .

Matt.

--
/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379        Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299        matt at spectrum.com.au
                                    Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         Spectrum Networks is a member of the Communications Alliance & TIO
*/