[AusNOG] Cisco 887VA vs Cisco 867VAE

Matthew Solly matt at mtt.me
Tue Nov 3 00:20:14 EST 2015

That's a pretty old document though, this is a more up to date one covering the current 860VAE range:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/data_sheet_c78-693249.pdf

There are also several models of the 867VAE, some with slightly different capabilities in terms of performance.

I have done some testing with an 867VAE-W-K9, and it can handle a 100mbps WAN connection with ease. However, this was in a small office environment (5-6 users) with the device doing DHCP/DNS/NAT and not much else. I'm unsure how it would perform with more of the advanced features in use though, as in this environment there was no need for them.

Matt