[AusNOG] Optus Cable congestion

Ibrahim Kunduraci Ibrahim at amanah.net.au
Mon Nov 2 21:29:22 EST 2015

Hi all,

Is anybody from Optus on the list able to assist me off-list with Optus cable congestion issues? I’m supposedly on the premium speed pack however am only reaching 3-4 Mbps during peak times, 20-25 Mbps off-peak. I’ve contacted Optus a stupid amount of times and they keep telling me new kit is being installed (since April 2015) however nothing has improved. There seems to be a lot of noise on the web about Optus customers having congestion issues however there doesn’t seem to be anything being done about it. I’m at the point of raising a TIO ticket however want to cover all bases before doing so.

Apologies if this isn’t the space to be discussing this sort of thing.

Thank you