[AusNOG] Peering For Porn

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Thu Feb 19 22:00:40 EST 2015

There was a nice presentation on Nanog
https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog54/presentations/Tuesday/Labovitz.pdf
 which should give you some indication of the larger percentage of "other"
and adult traffic, and the common few providers carrying that traffic.

Webzilla for example, peers quite a lot globally via their parent IP
Transit AS46786

I wouldn't think they would bother/need peering in AU, streaming isn't
latency sensitive.

Smaller sites probably use Cloudflare or Akamai, until they do enough
traffic to warrant their own network and their own peering. Not that Akamai
is that expensive really, compared to what porn sites charge per month, and
how much traffic the average customer really does.