[AusNOG] Peering For Porn

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Thu Feb 19 21:31:51 EST 2015

Interesting question. I think two of the big ones are on any2. I kind of
assumed they would be on akamai (or like) but perhaps not. I wonder if
there is a storm around content distribution of unclassified content
locally. Making it just to hard. We are mainly a Business ISP but we
still see a fair amount of that type of material I would wager.

Matt.

On 19/02/2015 9:27 pm, Nathan Brookfield wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I think Redtube is cached locally from memory, may want to refer your
> customers to that as the preferred source of pornographic love :)
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Nathan Brookfield
>
> Chief Executive Officer
> Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
>
> Web: http://simtronic.com.au
> Phone: 1300 592 330
> Fax: (02) 4749 4950
>
> On 19 Feb 2015, at 21:24, James Mcintosh
> <james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com <mailto:james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Hey Noggers,
>
> With most of the "legit" content providers (e.g. Google, Akamai,
> Apple, Amazon etc) peering at one or more of the local peering
> exchanges what is the situation with the major porn sites? We know
> this type of traffic makes a large proportion of residential ISP
> traffic. Is there any way to get this content without it taking up IP
> transit?
>

> -James

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
                                 Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/