[AusNOG] Telstra Business Internet Fibre Better prices than Telstra Wholesale.. what the ?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Dec 10 10:54:17 EST 2015

An argument (weak one though if you ask me) could be made, that
wholesale services have ultimately 2 service delivery points, the end
user, and your closest/chosen PoP - this is assuming you want it to use
your bandwidth, your IP's etc. So Telstra have to guarantee delivery
between 2 points, where-as if their only responsibility is one point to
'the internet', then they could hand-off wherever they want (given the
size of their network), so there is less 'work' and 'maintenance' to the
connection.

That's how I would see it anyway, but yes still a very frustrating
situation to be undercut continuously when fighting for contracts.