[AusNOG] TPG Routing: Melbourne to Melbourne Via Brisbane?

Greg Lipschitz Greg at thesummitgroup.com.au
Thu Sep 11 21:29:25 EST 2014

Hi Daniel,

You're misunderstanding... Not bashing you at all. You seem to think that anyone who questions you or passes comment that is beyond your belief or understanding is "Bashing Daniel".  Settle down fella, the world really isn't against you. :)

Back to square one - You are a having an issue as a customer of a residential ISP.

Regardless of whether the fault is a core network fault or you've found the cure for cancer in your telephone jack - You're logging the fault as a residential DSL customer.

Yes, I understand that you believe the issue is deeper within the internet cosmos - but regardless of all of this, if you want to log a fault on your DSL service, you need to follow the processes to do so. ISP's have escalation processes in place for exactly these sorts of circumstances, but, only once you've logged a fault.

If you're a direct customer of AAPT for transit and you've got an issue with your IP Transit, then you follow the process and log a fault in Frontier right?

If you're a direct customer of Vocus for transit and you've got an issue with your Dark Fibre, then you follow the process and log a fault in the Portal, right?

Then as a direct customer of TPG for your DSL service, if you've got an issue you need to follow the process and log a fault.

That's my point, my only point, follow the support process, clear as mud- no bashing Daniel. :)

We all have processes to make our businesses run more efficiently, we all require our customers to log faults and follow our processes for faults. Why as people running the ISP's do we think that we should be able to bypass the systems??? We're really not that special you know! :P

Just think, you may be doing them a favour by logging a fault as no one may have noticed a bigger issue and you can alert them to the fact they are having an issue??? This is exactly the point of logging tickets :)

I can see The Age headlines now - "Man Logs Ticket, Internet lives to see another day!"

Now go log a ticket! :P

[g]