[AusNOG] Choice says using Netflix is NOT Piracy

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Tue Sep 9 15:29:55 EST 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 12:08:46PM +1000, Tim March wrote:
> If it is what it is that's pretty poor but it's not an uncommon way to
> approach price change from a commercial perspective.
>
> One of the things I've always liked about Internode is that they get on
> the front foot about things like that;
>
> "We're changing our plans. Your plan will be cheaper next month." vs
> "We're changing our plans. If you don't call us we'll continue to
> administer the pineapple indefinitely."

I've always gotten the latter message from Internode -- or, more precisely,
"If you don't call us you'll continue to get the same lower data allowance",
since their prices don't tend to go down, they just give you more stuff.
And yes, if you're on the older plan and go over, you *do* get shaped, and
you have to wait until your account rollover to get upgraded.  They used to
send out e-mails explaining that new plans were here and you'd need to
change plans to get the free upgrade, but I don't recall seeing one of those
for some years (pre-takeover, I believe).

- Matt

--
"As far as I'm concerned, spammers are nothing more than electronic
home-invasion gangs."