[AusNOG] Cable length limits?

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed Mar 5 00:09:13 EST 2014

Media converters can be had pretty cheap these days, I'd be looking in
to perhaps running those if you are on a budget.
Otherwise put in smaller switches spread about the place with a fibre
backbone.

Worst case distribute switches and run copper back to base.
Its cheap to add margin to your links now rather than trying to work out
why 9% of the phones are dickey in 8 months time.

I'm most concerned about lightning with long copper runs, a decent
strike along the axis  of a long run within a hundred meters or so will
fry anything connected with the blue string.
(IE switch -----------blue string----------end point>>>>>lightning)