[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:23:06 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Jake Anderson <yahoo at vapourforge.com>wrote:

> I wound up sending an email to ausnog and it was sorted in half an hour.

Cue the "but email is a sysadmin problem not a network operator problem"
rant :)

I have noticed lately even on the network provider we use that specilises
in enterprise / carrier connectivity with a smaller consumer arm that when
I call their enterprise helpdesk line I cant even get L2 support without
going through the basic script these days. It was only a year or two ago
the person who answered the helpdesk phone had cli access to all the
managed routers and could trouble shoot and fix on the spot.

--Damian