[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Fri Feb 14 12:05:02 EST 2014

On 14/02/14 11:55, Joseph Goldman wrote:
> To be fair - I wouldn't expect a 3rd party 'user' to be calling and
> informing of problems within my network. I'd expect perhaps another
> network operator to contact, possibly asking the helpdesk to speak
> with NOC regarding the issue, which would be handled differently.
ROFL
helpdesk doing something other than reading the script.
That's a great one.
I may need to lay down for a while.

I tried to tell iinet their mail server hit sorbs(i think, could have
been some other one) blacklist once that way.
I wound up getting hung up on by the tech even after I identified myself
using the details of one of my clients because I wasn't starting outlook
when they told me to.

(to be fair when i called back and made a formal complaint against the
CSR the manager was quite helpful)
I should have dropped a "shibboleet"* into the call just to see what
happened, finally a use for all those voice prompt IVRs!.

I wound up sending an email to ausnog and it was sorted in half an hour.

* https://xkcd.com/806/