[AusNOG] (Meta-)Data Retention

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Aug 6 10:47:04 EST 2014

My worry is that with the Liberals pushing this as 'Anti-Terrorism', that
anyone going against it, public or other members of parliament will be
painted as a supporter of terrorism.

What we need to do is take a specific stance... and that is that security
measures are good... but pointless ones are not.

We SUPPORT the government doing what they need to to stop/combat terrorism,
but we want it to be effective and not detrimental to businesses and indeed
the security apparatus, whose lives will become even harder if everyone
jumps onto VPN's/encryptions/etc.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering