[AusNOG] Scaling beyond 1Gbps transit

Lindsay Hill lindsay.k.hill at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:00:08 EST 2013

There are some ASR1K bundles you can get that include reasonably priced 10Gb ports.

If you don't get those ports via the bundle price, then yes, they blow the cost out of the water. I've seen some scenarios where it's almost worth buying a 1001 just to get bundled 10G adapters, that you then use somewhere else.