[AusNOG] Screw the NBN, says TPG: We'll do our own FTTB

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Tue Sep 17 22:06:44 EST 2013

So .. on that construction ... why do you we need to spend $37-90billion building the NBN in the cities in order to effectively 'tax' those people in order to subsidize the people in the bush?
Reference: (the profits made on the fibre-supplied premises will pay for)

... wouldn't it just be simpler to alternatively just institute a new tax & forget about the network build?

You'd have to expect the tax would cost much less than $37-90billion.

Heck the Howard Gov thought they could cover most of it off for just $900million. That was the amount they put up for the OPEL project.

That's 1/40 of the lowest estimate of the cost of the NBN!