[AusNOG] GoodBye NBN

adamn at eyemedia.com.au adamn at eyemedia.com.au
Mon Sep 9 11:54:43 EST 2013

What happens to those that live say 8km's+  FROM a proposed node, same
ADSL issues, hell I'm 4km's from my exchange and can't get over 1Mbps on
ADSL2+ due to copper "condition" yet (the usual store) my line won't get
looked at due to it no actually suffering drop outs, but I have to put up
with the SHIT speed? Kinda stiff luck, guess I'll have the same issues
with FTTN, Bad luck to anyone that what's a small lifestyle change and
lives on a semi rural property, again stiff luck, at least the FTTP had
the facility for a network extension, but what do you do with FTTN for an
network extension? Fund a whole node?

*sigh* looks like the next carrier/business that comes up with the first
"last kilometre" solution (microwave/wireless/whatever back to a town at
an affordable price) should/would make a bucket load.

At least there are some out there trying...

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/the-liberal-party-of-australia-reconsider-your-plan-for-a-fttn-nbn-in-favour-of-a-superior-ftth-nbn

Regards
Adam