[AusNOG] Q sonicwall and juniper

Craig Askings craig at askings.com.au
Mon Jul 8 15:45:16 EST 2013

I'm not aware of any, but you do have companies like Vocus. Who do accept blackhole bgp communities and have Arbor kit within their own network that will pickup on attacks.

I've personally seen it detect and suppress attacks on my previous employer's transit connection with Vocus in the 5-10 minute range from the start of the attack.

The most effect way of avoiding DDoS attacks in Australia is to not have Game Servers, IRC servers or gambling operations hosted on your network.

Craig.