[AusNOG] Dell powerconnect and cisco stp

Chris Ricks chris.ricks at securepay.com.au
Fri Jan 11 09:48:29 EST 2013

Thanks for sharing this Alex.

An excellent bit of information to have. The amount of reading my team
and I did when we were doing our Cisco -> Juniper switch migration took
up a lot more time than the actual migration.

We found that getting decent, real-world details of integration between
Cisco switches using Cisco-proprietary STP modes and non-Cisco switches
(even those claiming to support Rapid-PVST+ and similar) was
surprisingly hard to come by.

What sort of network impact did you see as you made the changes?

- Chris