[AusNOG] IBM XSeries Remote Management Module Advanced Upgrade - urgently needed

Kathy Shannon kshannon69 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:28:45 EST 2013

Hi

Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help.  For anyone else that may
have the same issue with the time delay after much searcing I found you can
have a trial key for 90 days which you then delete once you have your full
key.

To obtain a trial key log into http://ibm.com/systems/x/fod with your IBM
ID and on the left menu select Trial Key. Then just enter the machine
details and the key will be emailed to you straight away.

Once again thanks to all who replied!

Kathy

  <http:// On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Kathy Shannon <>
kshannon69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have on order IBM part number 90Y3901 for an X3650 M4 server - this is
> the Remote Management Module Advanced Upgrade however these come as
> activation keys now not hardware. I really need to get hold of one - would
> anyone have one I could purchase?
> I am having trouble now as previously ordering the IBM server they were VM
> Keys (hardware) which came with the server. Now they come as a license
> piece of paper weeks after the server has arrived which causes problems for
> remote management in the meantime. I have a server down and need this
> desperately so we can reload the OS but can't do this without the remote
> managment and the server is 8 hours away. We can connect to the IMM but
> can't do the remote control function without the key.
> I have called Ingram Micro, the distributor who has the original order. I
> have also called IBM about 8 times now talking to spare parts, the US
> office, online shop, even IBM Partnerworld as I was even happy to
> repurchase through them directly online again if it meant getting the key
> the same day but no one is calling me back nor able to tell me any info
> about my original order or ho

<http://ibm.co/systes/x/fod/>

/fod/
<http://ibm.co/systes/x/fod/>