[AusNOG] NBN Review shows FTTN blowout of 12bn, FTTH blowout of 29bn

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Sun Dec 15 23:53:59 EST 2013

On 15/12/2013 9:43 PM, Joshua D'Alton wrote:

> With TPGs latest purchase of AAPT, it'd be really awesome if they did their own NBN,
> but that is probably wishful thinking (and maybe illegal?).
If they do it at less than 25 Mbps, or in buildings adjacent to, or within 1 kilometre
of, their pre 1 Jan 2011 fibre network (their own, ex-AAPT or ex-PIPE fibre), then
s141-s141C of the Act would suggest its ok. But IANAL, I'm sure the relevent people
will take their own advice.

Really Awesome is in the eye of the beholder. If they do this and don't wholesale it,
and/or it blows a gaping hole in return on tax-payer funds on the larger NBN, might
not be so really awesome to some people.

(/selfPolice:But we're probably straying away from operational matters).

P.