[AusNOG] Telstra Contact - NOC

Chris Macko cmacko at intervolve.com.au
Wed Aug 14 10:11:27 EST 2013

Hi Tom,

Thanks for this. I don't feel that it's appropriate that Adelaide Telstra connections traverse all the way to Sydney and back again to our Adelaide Network.

Amcom indicate they cannot do anything on their end and that we should talk to Telstra. I don't quite agree on the outbound path, but my multiple attempts to have this rectified have not been able to finalise any item. It appears the similar action was occurring with Internode/Iinet (it appears Iinet have been merging the networks here in SA or it could potentially be a periodic item here) and traversing to Melbourne and back again.

I'm just wanting this to improve and would like a contact at Telstra to discuss and see if they can make changes on the inbound path....?

Kind Regards,

Chris Macko
Managing Director
Interhost Pacific Pty Ltd t/a Intervolve

Support Phone	 1300 664 574 / +61 8 8260 4237
Sales Phone	 1300 664 574
Accounts Phone	 +61 8 8260 4237
Office Fax	 +61 8 8260 4312

Sales Email	 sales at intervolve.com.au
Support Email	 support at intervolve.com.au
Accounts Email	 accounts at intervolve.com.au

Website	 www.intervolve.com.au

This email contains information that is confidential to the intended recipient. It may also contain information, which is subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, pass on or copy this message. We also ask that you notify the sender by email or telephone and destroy the original message. Thank you.