[AusNOG] Very funny NBN skit

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Tue Apr 16 19:25:10 EST 2013

Transit oversubscription is not a trivial challenge. To suggest that it'll simply disappear some-time soon is like suggesting that the peak hour congestion on the Sydney Harbour Bridge is going to magically evaporate soon, or to suggest that power oversubscription in QLD in summer will magically disappear & the investment in 'smart grid' will largely be wasted. When I was a kid there was almost never any congestion on the single lane Gold Coast - Brisbane highway, yet today the 8-10 lane superhighway that replaced that road locks daily from 30kms south of Brisbane.

Ah ... the breathtakingly insensitive comments by Minister Conroy suggesting that he might snap his fingers & build a trunk across to California to further competition spring to mind! 'm then reminded of the observation of Michael Malone, CEO of iinet who said something like "Stephen Conroy is the worst Telecommunications Minister to ever hold office"