[AusNOG] Warrnambool exchange

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:59:40 EST 2012

I suppose the question is whether Telstra were able to asses the damage
within 24 hours to make a decision if the exchange was in a repairable
state and hence other steps to get emergency kit setup.

I know I'm going to get flamed (excused the pun) for saying this, but if
argonite systems are too expensive, then water based should be used. Sure,
the hardware is going to be toast, but at least the cable and fibre assets
are likely to be saved which I suspect is going to take longer to repair
than shipping some kit the exchange.