[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Peter Childs PChilds at internode.com.au
Tue Nov 13 14:04:50 EST 2012

Is this issue perhaps that without being able to demonstrate that a dominant carrier is using its position of dominance, through action or inaction, to stifle competition that you aren't really going to see any regulator take any steps to resolve peering concerns?

Being completely unaware of any of the commercials or logistics does the price of transit in Australia > price-of-transit-in-not-AU + cost-of-getting-that-back-to-AU ?

Does the fact that these large players won't 'peer' with smaller players prevent competition in the market?