[AusNOG] Speedtest.net is down

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Sat Jul 28 03:53:16 EST 2012

We actually run our own custom branded one at http://speedtest.bigair.net.au ;
along with optus:  http://speedtest.syd.optusnet.com.au/ and I can only
imagine a few others.

A test to this will give us a rough idea of what speed someone can achieve
to our core (limiting factor on these connections from the client is
normally CPU required to run the flash component) and granted this is no
replacement for a proper test but if you need a rough idea of what's going
on in a <100Mbps circuit, this gives you a good ground to start on and I'd
personally recommend the customised/branded one as above (for the
reporting/results functions alone).

- Andrew