[AusNOG] Anonymous Threatens to Expose Data from an Australian ISP

Jason Leschnik leschnik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:27:46 EST 2012

I don't think the skills of one really represent the many in this
case. As we all know in any group of considerable size the skill level
varies in typically a normal distribution, you have the bulk of noobs
who are FBI fodder and use the LOIC to do the heavy lifting of attacks
but i would assume those who are skilled, are very skilled. The last
thing you want is one of those guys pen testing your border,
especially if you give them a reason...

I think this is a good time (as said before) to check your Internet
facing machines, update them, patch up any firewall configs. Please
remember this is anonymous, all it takes is a hacktavist working at
your local <insert favorite vendor here> to discover a Zero-day
release it to the wild and exploit your network.

There is no real central group for this legion so attacks can
propagate from outside & _inside_ your networks.

--
Regards,
Jason Leschnik.

[m] 0432 35 4224