[AusNOG] Congratulations to Swinburne's network researchers.

Lawrence Stewart lastewart at swin.edu.au
Fri Jan 13 12:56:23 EST 2012

On 01/13/12 12:01, David Hughes wrote:

> After reading through the announcement of the new FreeBSD 9.0
> release, I can see the inclusion of some of the research work we've
> been hearing about at recent AusNOG conferences (new TCP congestion
> control framework and algorithms).   It's fantastic to see research
> work of this nature still being undertaken in Australia (and being
> done so well !! ).  Having code integrated into the release branch of
> an operating system as significant as FreeBSD is a great
> achievement.
>
> Congratulations to Lawrence Stewart, David Hayes, and the rest of
> Grenville Armitage's team at Swinburne University of Technology for a
> job very well done.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement - they're very warming on
this chilly Melbourne summer's day. I'm thrilled to see that people on
Ausnog care about FreeBSD and even read release notes!

Happy 9.0-RELEASE day everyone.

Cheers,
Lawrence

PS: If you find bugs in it, they're not mine... honest!