[AusNOG] Congratulations to Swinburne's network researchers.

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Fri Jan 13 12:01:55 EST 2012

After reading through the announcement of the new FreeBSD 9.0 release, I can see the inclusion of some of the research work we've been hearing about at recent AusNOG conferences (new TCP congestion control framework and algorithms).   It's fantastic to see research work of this nature still being undertaken in Australia (and being done so well !! ).  Having code integrated into the release branch of an operating system as significant as FreeBSD is a great achievement.

Congratulations to Lawrence Stewart, David Hayes, and the rest of Grenville Armitage's team at Swinburne University of Technology for a job very well done.

David