[AusNOG] IP Transit providers with 'benefits'.

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Jan 12 12:38:44 EST 2012

Hi All,

I need some help in identifying providers that can provide certain features on their IP Bandwidth.

I've talked to all of the usual suspects, so I'm after specifics based on your experience with providers rather than a response such as 'Talk to Vocus, TPG, Pipe, , Optus, Uecomm, AAPT, Nexgen, Blah blah'. I've talked to everybody, but may have missed some.

What I'm after is an IPv4 provider who can provide Internet IP Transit, In Brisbane or Sydney with some or all of the following features.

-          (Most Important)Ability to limit inbound (Towards Me) Traffic based on traffic type, e.g., I'd like my inbound links to only allow 50% UDP, for example, to protect against UDP Bombs, but let TCP peak  at 100%, as an example. (Or other types of more advanced QOS on the last-mile if available).

-          Blackhole Communities. (E.g Uecomm's 666 Community can drop traffic to one of *MY* identified IP's).

-          Other communities to only advertise some IPv4 ranges geographically (I know AAPT does this as one example)

-          (Least Important) 95% percentile link billing

My request to the list is, do you know of any providers who presents the above featureset, either partially or wholly?

I'm trying to achieve some sort of control of traffic before it comes down a link to me from a decent sized provider.

Feel free to reply on-or-off-list, I'm sure there are others out there would like to know but are afraid to speak up.

Sean.

PS,. This isnt an invitation for the sales types to spam me with info, I've talked to most of you already, I'm after a tech's / users point of view on this.
Any help is appreciated.