[AusNOG] [SPAM] Re: Is CCTV a Necessity in a Data Centre?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Mon Dec 3 15:41:55 EST 2012

Well that is shifting the goalposts isn't it. Clearly you consider
reasonable to be the tier of the datacenter (real or imagined). Others
might consider the price or location or other such.

Consider further, what about onsite floor security guards? One could argue
security guards are a necessity to prevent things from happening in the
first place (which CCTV would reveal after the fact), and there are indeed
many such datacenters. Of course they cost another 15-20% at least. So,
evidently 'reasonable' when it comes to features such as HVAC, CCTV, onsite
security, etc,  is not something easy to define.

As bob suggests some very good examples, but they are only some of the
possibilities in the realm of necessity. Maybe the better question is, what
sort of datacenter necessitates CCTV?