[AusNOG] Any Akamai Contacts or some advice on dealing with them?

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:17:57 EST 2011

They use both dns and bgp feed information. More so with DNS. Check with
your upstreams or peers if they are annoucing your routes to them.

The other issue is they might be managing their load, so to give best
possible service sometimes it means changing your serving location. I dont
know, but in absence of information, experiment :-)
On Sep 22, 2011 9:04 AM, "Ryan Crouch" <ryan at apexn.com.au> wrote:
> Morning Ausnog,
>

> I am curious if there are any Akamai staff around that can help me with
how
> their system is handing out cluster selection. I know its via DNS etc, but
> have had the primary source cluster change on me 3 times this year alone
and
> it's starting to get a little bit annoying. I have once or twice before
> logged tickets with their NOC only to have the query lost in the void.
>

> Has anyone had any joy speaking with Akamai in locking down which clusters
> they use/poll or at least selecting one that they will primarily return
DNS