[AusNOG] FW: [apnic-talk] IPv4 address exchange

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Tue Apr 19 14:16:23 EST 2011

On 19/04/2011, at 9:37 AM, Matthew Maxwell wrote:

Hrmm, /32...that gives me a terrible idea - IPv4aaS - a heady mix of L2L (in Cisco parlance) VPN and NAT to permit use of single addresses from a GRT permissable block.....scary thoughts.

Why scary?

There's whole industries doing this already to allow you to have an IP in a different region to circumvent region based content licensing agreements.

MMC