[AusNOG] 30 Levels of Nat with Firewalls

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Mon Apr 18 12:25:04 EST 2011

Such a pity you couldn't have the PIXes running IPv6 to compare and contrast.

MMC

On 17/04/2011, at 1:48 PM, Cooper Ry Lees wrote:

A little Sunday 'easter egg' for fellow Network nerds ...

We have a cupboard full of the old and terrible PIX 501 firewalls sitting around. Due to this I wanted to 'daisy chain' as many as I could together to see how things would operate behind X levels of nat. I ended up getting 30.

Here is a blog post and video of the findings ...
http://cooperlees.com/blog/?p=369

P.s. I could not traceroute anywhere with the 501's, a feature apparently.

Enjoy,