[AusNOG] How do you label?

John Allan lists at john.net.au
Thu Apr 14 11:11:11 EST 2011

For Brady, the place I buy from is called Power & Automation - they are
owned by MMEM these days so I assume that your local D&W or AWM will
also have them on their stock list or at least be able to point you in
the direction of someone within their larger group company who knows the
product.

Also Brady have a outlet finder if you get stuck
http://www.bradyaust.com.au/brady-australia-distributors.cfm

I generally use the Brady TLS-2200 system with their software interface
(which is a little horrid, but tolerable if you can generate a CSV file
for it).

For Fibre patches I use flags (possibly PTLFP-01-425) which stick out in
the air
For Cat5 I use wrap arounds PTL-31-427
For devices, servers, etc I use the traffolyte "style" brady labels in
varying sizes depending on the device.
For dist boards and HVAC it is traffolyte all the way
For structured bundles I insist on either two cable tied flags at either
end (i.e. 1m and 2m, or 0.3m and 1m) or wraps depending on the
contractor / where it's going.  Insist on the same for under floor
commando feeds as well.

I also use PatchSee patch cables for CAT6/CAT6A structured cabling which
makes tracing a lot easier (for the rare occasion that someone doesn't
label a cable correctly, the chances of disruption of comms due to "pull
traces" is close to zero).

Cheers,

John