[AusNOG] How do you label?

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Apr 14 10:03:41 EST 2011

Aaron,
I'd try and buy a few of the options.   We appear to use the white 19mm wide ones.  But, it's very specific to your needs and what you need to use labels for.

We have a consistent device naming scheme and network architecture - so labels make sense with less information as you pretty much know what must be going where.  The exceptions just have as much detail as can fit.

The critical labels usually are ones which go inter-site, are a xconnect to a supplier or to anywhere you can't easily trace the other end of (ie. across fibre ducts between racks etc).

MMC