[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Vitaly Osipov vitaly.osipov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:41:57 EST 2010

> <Monday morning lack of caffeine delurk rant>
> Heh, A wannabe conspiracy theorist might even start to add up recent events
> and suggest that between this NBN and **ALL** its associated hidden agenda
> and secret deals, the GAFF (Great Aussie Firewall Filter), the Attorney
> Generals Dept wanting all browsing history stored along with other things
> like 'Cert Australia' etc. Notice there has been a complete lack of public
> mention of the DSD and its role around the NBN with is CSOC anywhere here?
> Why? All just incase Aussies (& ex pats) may become guilty until proven
> innocent? Surely this would never happen where you could be assumed guilty,
> then held for 2 weeks and not allowed to go home... pfft. Go figure.

Conroy's filter cannot be implemented in full unless they firewall the
country off the rest of the world, that is absolutely true (proxies).

If you want to go into the serious conspiracies, though, consider how
NBN will help the "smart grid" and how the end goal of smart grid is
to facilitate implementation of personal electricity tariffs with
half-hour precision instead of day/night as it is now. Then also
remotely controlled power meters to switch you off, as they are
already planning to do in the UK, I have a paper about this somewhere.

I think I am getting too far down this particular rabbit hole now...

Regards,
Vitaly