[AusNOG] AAB Statement

ComKal Networks admin at comkal.com.au
Mon Sep 6 00:33:20 EST 2010

Hi Bevan,

> In your words such a deal would be "stupid" and a "betrayal of the
> principle that led to the NBN".  So can you (or someone within Telstra)
> please confirm there is no such clause in the agreement.

Even if someone confirmed that, I'd take it with a grain of salt
looking at both parties track record, and um, NDA's about
possible other agreements depending on what happens on
the way forward.

>From a corporate perspective what I know about the Telstra/NBN
deal doesnt add up $ wise, its more like something quickly cooked
up by the then government without much thought simply to ensure
its one less thing supposedly cleared from the table pre election.

Telstra also agreed to it way to quick and that in itself sets off warning
bells.

I also only know what everyone else does about the Telstra/NBN deal.
ie, whats been publicly released.

Cheers
Ian Manners

Cheers