[AusNOG] Web Application Load Balancer recommendations

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at em3.com.au
Sat May 22 14:10:19 EST 2010

Thanks Gents for your replies.

We currently use a customised Apache on Redhat as the preferred software
method for load balancing.

The additional logic I was talking about is basically php code with a
MySQL DB that can redirect requests based on visitor IP. It's not
critical to have that logic integrated as we can farm it off to another
appliance or the application servers.

Cheers.

Regards,

Darren Moss
General Manager, Director
[p] 1300 131 083 [f] 03 9017 2287
[e] Darren.Moss at em3.com.au [w] www.em3.com.au

em3 People and Technology | Managed Technology Experts
postal: PO Box 2333, Moorabbin VIC 3189

New Zealand Airedale Street, Auckland City
postal: PO Box 39573, Howick 2045
[p] 09 92 555 26 [f] 09 887 0273 [m] 021 841 541