[AusNOG] SMH: "No room at the internet"

John Lindsay JLindsay at internode.com.au
Wed May 19 23:09:18 EST 2010

The presentation was by Dr Miyakawa from NTT.

I saw it at a customer event in 2008.

It was called "IPv4 address space exhaustion and its solutions".

I can't find a link to it via Google.

I have a copy somewhere although I don't think I can legally put it on a server and point everyone at it.

At the time iTunes was peaking out at 230 to 270 simultaneous sessions.

He showed an example of how Google Maps of the day slowly degraded below 30 sessions.  I suspect that it wouldn't survive below 100 today.

jsl