[AusNOG] SMH: "No room at the internet"

Karl Kloppenborg karl at karltec.net
Wed May 19 10:34:11 EST 2010

Dan,
Don't take this the wrong way but I think you speak very harshly of young people and personally I think you may have the wrong idea.

We work in an industry were experience is paramount, however what happens to those young people who are constantly trying to get experience when everyone asks for 3 to 4 years?
I myself am only 18 but have been lucky enough to land myself the jobs I wanted (network engineering and now full time programmer) sure I took on a few jobs well over my depth of knowledge, but hell... that's how I learnt.

I don't know what your talking about when it comes to Pass4Sure CCNA's? because CCNA is generally taught in such a manner that it is pretty easy to pass... Lets no have one of those "in my day CCNA was a blah blah blah"

Honestly what I am trying to say is lay off the young people who are trying because without doing things like this you won't ever get real world experience and your just putting a fork in the learning road.

Sorry for the rant noggers but I get very offended by things like this.

Karl.

Cheers!
Karl Kloppenborg
P 02 8014 4253  EXT:104  | M 0438475892  |  www.karltec.net

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Think before you print.