[AusNOG] SMH: "No room at the internet"

Andrew Cox andrew at accessplus.com.au
Tue May 18 18:04:10 EST 2010

On 18/05/2010 5:20 PM, Mark Newton wrote:

> On 18/05/2010, at 4:23 PM, Andrew Cox wrote:
>
>> +1 for allocations via PPPoX handled radius attributes (Eg:
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4818)
>> I'm personally not a fan of the DHCPv6-PD method.
>

> Well, it looks like you're going to end up with an internet you aren't a
> fan of, eh?  :-)
I'm going to end up with whatever the people who know better than I do,
decide to hand over :-P

> Or maybe not. The Radius attributes are still used, they inform the
> DHCPv6 server that runs on the BRAS, which in turn services the
> customer's DHCPv6-PD queries.
>
> But everyone knows that already, as a result of the extensive
> experimentation,
> research, and communication with vendors we've all been doing for the
> last few years, right?
Just like every other ISP in Australia we're IPv6 ready!! Oh wait,
nevermind :-)

Test IPv6 network + a couple of IPv6 tunnels was all we had setup until
the Internode rollout.
Of course that's no excuse, but having access to your IPv6 network does
give us a 'real' network to learn from which makes things easier.