[AusNOG] SMH: "No room at the internet"

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue May 18 17:50:22 EST 2010

On 18/05/2010, at 4:23 PM, Andrew Cox wrote:

+1 for allocations via PPPoX handled radius attributes (Eg: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4818)
I'm personally not a fan of the DHCPv6-PD method.

Well, it looks like you're going to end up with an internet you aren't a
fan of, eh?  :-)

Or maybe not. The Radius attributes are still used, they inform the
DHCPv6 server that runs on the BRAS, which in turn services the
customer's DHCPv6-PD queries.

But everyone knows that already, as a result of the extensive experimentation,
research, and communication with vendors we've all been doing for the
last few years, right?

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au<mailto:newton at internode.com.au> (W)