[AusNOG] SMH: "No room at the internet"

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue May 18 16:07:12 EST 2010

On 18/05/2010, at 3:29 PM, Daniel Hood wrote:

We'll it seems like Internode is the only company offering it currently in Aus. I'm thinking about swapping over to Internode from TPG because of it.

Can we buy ranges yet? I really want to own a /56 :-P

If you want PI space you'll need to talk to APNIC.

For the duration of our current trial, /60 allocations via DHCPv6-PD are
"stable" -- i.e., they're probably static, but if we need to change something
and you get a new prefix then so be it.  (you're using DHCPv6-PD anyway,
so if your network doesn't renumber itself you should raise a bug with your
vendor :-)

We haven't worked out what kind of address assignments customers will
get when we take it into full production yet.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au<mailto:newton at internode.com.au> (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org<mailto:newton at atdot.dotat.org>  (H)