[AusNOG] List charter Vs Reporters on the list

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed May 12 23:32:24 EST 2010

On 14 Apr 2010, at 09:09, Matt Carter wrote:

>> Maybe we start a closed ausnog-ops list which isn't so open? :)
> I think this is a great idea.

Naw, this would be a great way to get people who already know each other, talking to each other.  Sometimes useful, for example in security context, but as useful to this community as an open NOG list ?  I don't think so.

Sales people are going to trawl archives of mailing lists and phone the people they find.  If they don't find you on here, they will find you in peeringdb, or on other open lists.  When you find out that they have reached you through the Ausnog community, try to encourage them to sponsor the meetings.  Then everyone wins. :-)

Andy