[AusNOG] [Fwd: [bogon-announce] IANA IPv4 allocations and bogon update 1/8 and 27/8]

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Wed Jan 20 13:40:07 EST 2010

On 20/01/2010, at 10:36 AM, Jared Hirst wrote:

> We are also still having the same issues with the 180 range... most customers just don't understand this, especially the ones on our DSL network that cant browse to certain sites overseas or use teamviewer :)
>
> I also feel sorry for the people that will be allocated these new ranges, I feel there will be big issues.

We recently re-provisioned our "mx2" on one of our providers IP addresses (in 203/8) to combat this problem to some extent (although they still may not be able to send).  We need to work on log parsing to try and actively chase down the networks hitting it, doing some kind of ping/tcp test from both IPs and forming a list of mismatches.

Trent