[AusNOG] background radiation was: "i want a pony!" (wasRe:Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal])

craig at askings.com.au craig at askings.com.au
Thu Aug 12 15:31:52 EST 2010

Curtis Bayne wrote:
> Perhaps I'm over analyzing the question, or unsure of what exactly
you're
> asking.
>
> Regulatory certainty in this context is simple: a guarantee that a
government-owned entity with practically limitless capital and with
super-carrier privileges won't steamroll my regional telco deployment
into
> financial oblivion.

Do you want them to ban Telstra from overbuilding you as well? Prior to
the NBN being a glimmer in Conroy's eye, if you built any kind of regional
Customer Access Network in an under-served area Telstra would come in and
try and steam roll you.

I'm sure there are a few people on this list that have seen that first
hand, perhaps somewhere in South East regional part of SA????

Craig.