[AusNOG] background radiation was: "i want a pony!" (wasRe:Long live the NBN. The NBN is dead?! [personal])

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Thu Aug 12 15:49:26 EST 2010

Of course I don't - Telstra aren't scary.

Telstra need to justify this investment to their shareholders, fund their steamrolling expeditions out of cashflow, are bound by normal carrier privileges and will probably just throw down a few token DSLAMs about the place because that's how they (truck/rick)roll. Maybe turn up a few extra NextG channels for good luck and call the job done.

...and they'll price themselves out of the small to medium enterprise market.

NBNCo, on the other hand, will directly target each and every one of my customers, install infrastructure into their premises on an opt-out basis and deliver it at a price point which no cashflow-funded entity in this country that I can think of can compete with.

The latter scares me far more!