[AusNOG] List charter Vs Reporters on the list

Paul Foote pfoote at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 13:08:34 EST 2010

I agree with most of what you have laid out, but I think the whole public
shaming thing will actually increase unnecessary noise on this list, and it
that kind of derails the lists purpose.

My idea instead:
* have a 2 month or so's delay on the publicly accessible archives, so that
way if somebody is contacted regarding things they said on the list within a
month of doing so (a month in journo/sales time gaurentee's that if they
picked it up from archives it will be a cold story/expired lead).
* Anybody breaking the rules gets reported to a moderator who then discusses
the breach of charter with the sales guy/journo and repeat offenders
silently get removed from the list.

Cheers,

Paul.